13 May 2013

Our Story


Last Thursday was our 15th wedding anniversary.  I'm not usually one to really get excited about that particular anniversary, as our dating anniversary is just 8 days before and that's the one that I have the most fun celebrating.  But, I digress.

For some reason, this year I was STUPID excited about our anniversary.  And even more so when James had to break down the day before and tell me about the awesome surprise he had planned--a trip to the Bed & Breakfast where we got married!  It was the first time we'd been inside since our wedding day, and of course, nothing had changed except for us.

This anniversary has really made me revisit where we were when we got married, really more like from the time we got engaged to a couple of years after the wedding when we/I finally decided this was forever.

I'm slow like that, man.

I've had to face a lot of things about myself that have no place in a fairy tale, as I'm far from perfect.

Lucky James.  :)

But the thing is, this isn't a fairy tale, it isn't a movie...it's our story.  And I'm grateful to call it ours.



No comments: