01 May 2013

Happy May 1st!

I almost wrote, "today is one of my favorite days of the year!"  But then I realized how idiotic I sound when I say that...almost once a week.  I have lots of favorite days.  But this is my favorite James and Kristi day.



17 years ago, we were just dumb kids.  But we had a blast together, and I loved that Boy more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone.  (Fun fact:  we took these pictures to send in with our applications for "Real World."  And then we drove all the way to Emo's in Austin for a casting call...and got there about an hour too late.  I think we knew all along it wasn't meant to be, but it sure was fun!)



And 17 years later, I love him even more.  Who knew that beautiful Boy would grow into such a beautiful man, inside and out?  I'm in awe of him so much of the time, and so grateful for our love and laughter after all these years.

I love you, Boy, and as busy as life gets at this time of year, I'm still taking time this morning to count my blessings.  I'm so grateful for our life, and for our family, and for you.

And then I'm off to register (sniff!) our baby for kindergarten!

No comments: