08 May 2012

Milk & Cookies Sprinkle

Remember these?




The sprinkle is over, so now I can tell you more! Well, I have to start with the fact that I wish I'd taken more pictures...seems to be a theme with me! We had an old tan milk can in storage (sad to say, we actually have 2 and use 0 in our home!), so it just felt right to spray it red and use it for the entry. I liked it so much, I came home and put it in our flower bed (minus Gage's g magnet)!




The theme was milk and cookies--it's a really cute and flexible theme, and I hope to use it again.




The banner was hard to capture because of the great light streaming in, so there's a detail shot next. By the way, Lynn & I learned the hard way: aqua and red are a great pair, but they can never, never touch--too hard on the eyes!








Lynn had a great idea: she bought Gage a copy of "If you give a mouse a cookie" and used that as the sign in. She mounted a copy of the invitation in the book, too...it was sweet!  For the favors, we made dipped Oreo pops--thanks, Pinterest!




Here's the other banner...I love the simplicity of the letters, and will definitely use this again.  This was just supposed to be a sprinkle, but they were SHOWERED with love and gifts--this was just the beginning!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

New follower - hope you will visit my blogs and do the same -
I have a baby shower linky party going on - hope you will join in!

http://sewmuchclass.blogspot.com/2012/05/baby-shower-linky-party.html