19 April 2010

What's your legacy?

This weekend, we made a quick trip to San Antonio to celebrate Molly Blohm's 2nd birthday. At the party, we got to visit with Melissa's brother-in-law Guy (Cathy's husband), who's one of the funniest people we know. Guy was talking about training his rookie firemen, and he said he always asks them the same question:

What's your legacy?
When someone sees your name on a transfer request...God forbid, a death notice...what comes to mind about you? How will people remember you--what do your actions say about you?
What's your legacy?

I feel like I should write something profound today, but I find that I have more questions than answers. So that's the question that's running through my mind today...what's your legacy?


And I'll leave you with a happy thought...thank you, sweet friend for this happy, and for all of you who have written or texted or called. Today is a good day. :)

No comments: